We grew tomatoes this summer at our house. We diligently planted our one seedling in May, watered and fertilized it and loved it all July and August and watched it grow to be about 9 feet tall with little green globes growing all over. Now that it is the middle of October, summer's heat wave finally arrived, and we're getting a gorgeous crop of ripe red pear tomatoes. So many that we really ran out of energy to eat them in salads and in lunches within the week. I needed to use up a LOT quickly, and so I turned to a recipe that I'd prepared a few times for company over the years. I simplified it, and put the focus onto the concentrated flavor of the tomatoes.
Salmon w/ Roasted Tomatoes.
Preheat: 400 degree oven.
2 threads saffron, crushed
1 clove garlic minced
3 - 4 cups halved tomatoes (pear or cherry)
TBSP Olive Oil
4 salmon steaks (4 - 6 oz. each)
sea salt & pepper - generous sprinkling
lemon wedge for finishing
Toss the tomatoes with the garlic, saffron, and olive oil. Spread into one layer in a large casserole or a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
Lay Salmon steaks on top of tomatoes. Salt & Pepper. Continue to cook 15 min more, or until fish is flaky.
Serve over rice or couscous and a glass of Malbec and lemon wedges.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on one of the posts. I appreciate the insight or question, and hope that you enjoy the blog!